Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Press Pass

I haven't been blogging very regularly for the past weeks and I'm past the midterm stage now - pat yourself on the back, will you - and although I'm supposed to be in class, I'm too ill to go. I'll take the next one though. Plus my attendance is OK because i don't miss classes often. I guess what i'm trying to say is: sorry sir, this shouldn't have happened and I'm going to make best use of the time I have while I'm not OK.

Sometime back, we were photographed during class so that our press passes can be made and I had to write a note on that. It was the first experience I have had with being photographed so formally for something I'm looking forward to. Normally, I've gotten photographs taken for my identity card, passport, learners' driving license and none of these - yes not even the experience at the traffic police station - up til now was what comes under a happy memory.

The boys joked around about how the press pass would help them in getting the traffic police to stop bothering them.

Although the press passes haven't been issued to us yet, just thinking about having them is not a daunting prospect at all. It's one more label to attach (literally) onto you and perhaps being of THE PRESS isn't so bad a label. Sure, you're making people more wary of you yet at the same time you're allowing them to be more trusting of you.

That's a nice, comforting thought of course.

Harrowing too.

I'm now off to send letters.

Photographed by Hassan Abbas



No comments:

Post a Comment